Monday, March 12, 2007

Simple Informations: Video Wallpaper or video in Image Editor©

Source of post and picture: Ajith

Most of us have tried to take a screen shot of a video window during playback at some time or other. But for our dismay we will see that the image have only a black box where the window was... If you discarded it then read on....

Today I was trying out two screen capture softwares Snippy and Quick Screen Shot Maker, so that I can put the review here. Then when I was trying out video capture with Snippy (I was previously able to do this) I found something really interesting. After the screen shot was made I was able to see the video being played on the BMP file. I dot know actually how this happened. So I decided to experiment. Here are the results.

I created a new image in Adobe Photoshop 7 and pasted the screen shot. Now I could see the Video being played in Winamp right in Photoshop. Also the small Image thumbnail at Navigator also showed the Video. Then I saved the Image in formats including JPEG ,BMP ,GIF etc and made them as my Desktop Background only to find that whenever I play a video the video is shown on the desktop. This happened even if I minimized the player window. The size of Video depended on the current size of Player window. Also we can see the Video in the thumbnail of saved image in Windows Explorer. Later I found out that the Video was shown only if it is played in Winamp. But you can make the screen shot of any Video Player and use it including VLC, WMP , DivX etc.

Actually this is not of much use but I still found it exciting enough to Blog. Do try it ,it's fun, Besides you don't need any extra software, press “Prt Scr“ Key take Paint (run mspaint ) and paste it then save as BMP or any other formats. Now make it the desktop background and enjoy Video on your Desktop from Winamp.

“By the way as I told you I am doing a review of two free screen capture softwares and they will be soon published along with screen shots. Do come back later for the review.”

No comments: